02:00 pm - 03:00 pmClick to Register: https://www.meetup.com/Bodhi-Tree-Meditation-CenterHonolulu/events/dnfmjpyxfbsb/
Bodhi Tree Meditation Sangha
Bodhi Tree Meditation Center
654-A N. Judd Street
Honolulu, HI, US
• What we’ll do
Zen Dance awakens the body and mind, based on a beautiful ancient Korean meditation technique. It combines lower abdominal breathing, tai chi, meditation and dance. Specific benefits include:
1) Tanjun breathing: transforms ki (life force) up all of the energy centers.
2) Movement creation: transforms ki from the tanjun area to the rest of the body by concentrating the mind on the process of creating each movement, becoming a dance meditation.
3) Peace of mind: one’s complex illusions and emotions can be transformed into movement creation by the vocal sounding of Yimoko (What Am I ? ) breathing.
4) Harmony of yin and yang: one can release emotions of anger and negativity in the process of dance improvisation.
5) Calming the mind-body: through mudra (hand poses), walking and sitting meditation
• What to bring
• Important to know